Industrial Accidents in the Workplace: What You Should Know
If you work in a factory or in the construction field, you are exposed to certain hazards. However, these hazards extend to people in other professions too. The collapse of a structure, a flood, or explosion can be industrially-based but may affect more than employees such as factory workers, miners, or engineers.
Table of Contents
Industrial accidents often lead to a temporary partial disability or a permanent partial disability, each of which are defined as follows:
- A temporary partial disability reduces a person’s ability to earn money in the job he or she did at the time of the accident.
- On the other hand, a permanent partial disability reduces a worker’s ability to earn money from any type of work he or she could have done before his or her accident.
Why Safety Comes First
While untrained or unskilled peoplemales are shown to be more accident prone, it does not mean companies are off the hook in these instances. It is also a company’s responsibility to ensure the continued safety of its employees by posting warningsmaking employees aware of workplace hazards.
Technical Causes of Industrial Machine Accidents
When it comes to industrial machinery, accidents often result by overlooking certain technicalities. Causes for industrial machine accidents may result from the following:
- Overused, undermaintained, or defective equipment
- A lack of safety guards around machinery
- A lack of fencing for dangerous equipment
- Improperly adjustedunguarded machinery
- A dangerous arrangement of machinery, including overcrowding
- Unsuitable tools
- Inadequate or flawed safety devices
Industrial Machine Injuries
Injuries sustained by machine use can end up quite severe. Some of the injuries include the following:
- Crushed fingers, limbs,hands
- Electrical burns
- Internal hemorrhaging
- Permanent nerve damage
- Injuries to internal organs
Why Safety is of the Utmost Importance
Unsafe working conditions are the major reasons personal injury claims are made. Causes of this type result from defective equipment, tools, unsafe materials,structurally unsound buildingsequipment, such as ladders or scaffolding. When safety or good housekeeping rules are not followed, morale is reducedworkersoutsiders are placed at increased risks.
If you were injured on the job where the employer failed to strictly enforce OSHA standardsguidelines, you can file a personal injury claim. You should also discuss the nature of your accident with an experienced industrial accident attorney. He or she can determine negligencegive you more insight about the facts surrounding a claim.
Speak to a Legal Professional Now
Find out your options now. If you are struggling financiallymedically, you need to hire an advocate – a lawyer who will review your circumstancesgive you the proper advice.